Patch Contest: Terms and Conditions
- The design must be your original work; you may not copy or trace another design.
- The Mission Patch must be a piece of paper NO LARGER than 3.5-inch x 3.5-inch (89mmx89mm).
- The Mission Patch can be black & white or full colour.
- Keep the design simple and clear. You may include words but keep it short.
- You may use computer graphic design programs to create your work.
- The mission patch design should be provided in .jpeg or .png file
- Your work should be uploaded in Facebook, with an original title, a brief description. The post should contain the following tags: #Polarquest2018 and #patchcompetition
- All designs submitted will become the property of the Polarquest expedition and will not be returned.
- Due Date: The patch design must be submitted by April 30th, 2018.
One prize for each patch will be assigned. In particular, they consist of:
Microplastics: One trip for 2 people to Lerici sponsored by ISMAR-CNR to conduct some practical research on Microplastics using a Mantanet. The price will include flight/train tickets, 3 nights stay in a hotel room. No additional costs will be covered.
Cosmic Rays: One trip for 2 people to CERN, Geneva, to participate to the week of preparation of the cosmic detector that will be brought to the North Pole on board Nanuq. In cooperation with the participants of College Voltaire (second half of May). The price will include flight/train tickets and 4 nights stay in a hotel room. No additional costs will be covered.
AURORA -Polar Drones: One trip for 2 people to Milan to attend the conference organised by the Science and Technology Museum (Museo della Scienza e della Tecnica), jointly with Polarquest, on May 23, 2018, in association to the 90th anniversary of the departure of airship Italia from Svalbard towards the North Pole. The price will include flight/train tickets, 1 night stay in a hotel room. No additional costs will be covered.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the initiative is Polarquest NGO, Meyrin, Switzerland
- The competition is open to students regularly enrolled to any European school and aged between 15 and 19 years old.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.polarquest2018.org/patchcompetition and/or https://www.facebook.com/Polarquest2018/
- For each scientific project (Microplastics, Cosmic-Rays, AURORA) only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person on the same scientific project will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be April 30th 2018. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize are as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- The winner will be notified on Facebook on 6th May 2018. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 6 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Polarquest NGO and not to any other party.